Saturday, February 14, 2009

Figuring out a new schedule

With DH's new work schedule I'm trying to wrap my mind around what's the best way to do things and how it will work. Here's what I'm thinking so far.

Monday:
6am-me up, Bible time, exercise
7-7:30am-kids up, dressed with beds made
Bfast, kids gets computer time
8am-me in shower, kids brush teeth, etc
9am-start school
School should be done by 10 or 10:30, DH should be awake by 11, then we have free time, lunch, etc until he goes to work
4:30pm- daily chores, dinner, free time
8:00pm-start getting ready for bed
8:30-45pm-kids in bed
9pm-me in bed (I'm hoping I'll be able to move this 11pm before too long, but right now I need the extra sleep

Tuesday
repeat of Mon

Wed
repeat Mon morning
DH off from work, so we run errands, go grocery shopping, relax

Thur
DH off from work

Fri
repeat Mon

Sat
6am-me up, Bible, exercise
7-7:30 kids up
8- bfast
9:30 leave for church
2-3pm get home
4:30pm-repeat Mon evening

Sun
I have two options for Sun, I haven't figured out which to do yet
repeat Mon morning, working around DH who leaves for work at 11:30am
11:30-lunch, quiet time, then weekly chores, like mopping, vacuuming around edges, cleaning out fridge, etc
8pm bedtime
OR
wait to do school until after DH leaves, then lunch, weekly chores, etc.

Most likely DH won't be up until it's time to get ready for work on Sun, so we won't really be missing time with him if we're doing our morning schedule, but I think I'll feel like I'm working all day long, which is why there's a quiet time in there. But I wonder if I things will go smoother if we do our school morning routine as usual rather than completely changing around the day

No comments: