Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I love Thanksgiving. It's always been one of my favorite holidays. And now that we don't celebrate Easter, Christmas or Halloween, Thanksgiving and 4th of July are about all we have holiday wise. This morning I went over to Dh's Grandma's house and helped her get things ready for the big family dinner. We finished up early, so I came home to spend some time with the family before heading over there to eat. This is actually my first Thanksgiving with DH's family. Last year there was a family conflict just prior to Tday, so we had our own dinner. All the other years we were in Missouri for Tday.

Then tomorrow we're going to cook our own Tday dinner with all the things we like and none of the things we don't. Mainly so have a bunch of leftovers, lol. We bought a 23lbs turkey so there should be LOTS of leftovers. We're also headed to Walmart early in the morning. We are in desperate need of towels, we only have 6 full sized towels and that's just not enough. Plus we'll need lots for the homebirth. Walmart is having a Black Friday sale and towels are $1.50 a peice!! Eventually I'd like to buy a whole set of bamboo towels, but this will get us through for now. And you can't beat $1.50.

So that's how we're spending our holiday. How about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you & your blog readers! I love black friday. I did some research, and have all of my shopping preplanned to maximize savings! You would be surprised what kind of deals are out there, if you search for them.

Custom Black Friday Sales Search

Natural Mama said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!! I don't dare go out on Black Friday. :o) Plus it's raining here and very dreary. Ugh.

Get some good deals and have a good one!