Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lack of Motivation

I lack serious motivation. I have a tendency towards laziness. Over the last several years I've made huge strides, but as soon as I have a semi-decent excuse to not do my jobs, I don't do them. So my house is falling apart big-time. Yes I'm nauseus. Yes, I'm tired. But I'm not THAT nauseus, and I'm not THAT tired. I can still be doing my jobs! I haven't actually thrown up, which I guess is good, lol. And I only feel mildly worse when I'm working. So I need to jsut get over it and do my job! I'm slowly adjusting to having morning sickness and more is getting done, but I'm still barely keeping up with the basics. My love-seat is covered in clean clothes. Half folded, waiting to be put away. My dishes are only getting washed every other day rather than twice a day. The bed isn't getting made, the floors aren't getting swept. It's horrible. Luckily my DH is understanding, but he also knows my tendency for laziness so sometimes he gets frustrated. He has helped me out some though and has actually cleaned the house twice in the last couple weeks. I'm thinking about asking him to do one thing for me every day, if he's up for it. Things that I"m just not getting to but need to be done. Like mopping the floor, cleaning the bathroom. B/c I really am wiped out after just daily stuff, if I even get it done.

A post on a message board the other day really gave me some things to think about. A mother of many children (I think she has 12) was saying how after you have about 4 or 5 kids you really need to work like a professional. It takes more skill, more education and more dedication than the average mom of few. (No offense to moms of few, just stating the facts!) So right now is my training period and I need to take it seriously! This is my chosen profesion. It needs my dedication if I'm going to be any good at it as my family size increases. Of course about the time I was ready to get started we had a water line break and I was without water for two days so the laundry and dishes fell even farther behind. I'm just now getting caught up from that with dishes and laundry all washed. I guess I'm telling myself that I need to get off the couch and get to work! It's almsot 10am and I"m still in my pjs!

1 comment:

Natural Mama said...

Yeah, the least you could do would be to blog regularly...lol. (Just Kidding) Really, with you being tired you could use that for an excuse and probably be justified! Three things that helps me are (actually 4) 1. make the beds when u get up--even if you don't clean up your rooms--it looks clean if the beds are made. 2. Dress as soon as you get up and put on shoes--you will be so much more motivated. 3. Have a certain number of things you must do every day and do them (don't have over 5--say, a. wash dishes every day, b. make bed c. clean living room before bed d. keep dining table cleaned off e. sweep daily) and don't try to do much more than that--things will look clean with little effort! 4. Just pretend you are doing things as 'unto the Lord' which we are..it will help SO much. Sometimes, I pretend Jesus is coming over for supper--but, I start scrubbing too much...LOL.

Anyway, just take care of yourself is the main thing! We all get in a rut sometimes. PS. You can go to www.keepingthehome.com and look under The Emergency Quick Clean tab and it will give u a quick clean guide to get things back on track. Thanks for the article link!!