Thursday, July 24, 2008

A cure for insomnia

My last pregnancy and this pregnancy are the only times in my entire life I've suffered from insomnia (can we say, another girl?). I've always loved sleep and never had a problem with it. I generally sleep like a rock. So insomnia drives me crazy. I as laying in bed as long as 12 hours a night and getting only 5-6 hours of sleep. I'd sleep a few hours a soon as I went to bed and then I'd toss and turn until the wee hours of the morning when I'd fall back asleep. So I decided to try getting up earlier, figuring maybe if I was in bed less hours, I'd be more tired and be able to sleep better. Plus I really needed my early morning quiet time back. So for the last 4 days I've been getting up at 6am. And surprise! I'm sleeping WAY better. And the really interesting part is that I'm even taking a 1-2 hour nap during the nap. So I'm getting a full 9-10 hours of good sleep throughout a 24 hour period. I feel so much better when I'm fully rested.

No comments: