Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sleeping through the night

As the time for the new baby approaches, I've been moving Genesis out of our bed. Right now she's got a little bed at the foot of our bed, but will eventually move to the boys' room on the other side of the house. She's been doing great with her bed. She goes to sleep in it well for nap and bedtime, as long as she nurses fairly close to bedtime, if not right before. She just crawls into our bed when she wants to nurse at night. Some nights she'll cuddle with me for a while before asking to nurse and some nights, when she's done nursing she'll crawl back into her own bed. But then she usually returns an hour or two later. But the big news is that last night she spent the whole night in her own bed!! The first time she has officially slept through the whole night!!! I knew it was coming soon. The boys did the same thing when my milk started drying up and I know she's only getting a few swallows at most when she nurses. But I'm excited to be entering this new phase in her life. She's getting to be such a big girl!

No comments: