Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A natural housekeeper

I am not a natural housekeeper. Oh how I wish I were. I work very hard to keep my house looking even decent. And you can blame it on the kids, but I know they're really not the problem. It's me. I just can't seem to keep a house clean. I am an adequate housekeeper, at best. Sometimes I really think my life would be so much easier if I were a natural housekeeper. But most likely, if I were, I would lack something else that I know have. Maybe I would be more uptight and not able to relax unless my house were spotless, and that would be a BIG problem with all the kids we want to have, lol. So what I'm trying to do is see what kinds of things natural housekeepers do and pick up some of their habits. For example, they probably sweep their floor more than once a day, especially if it needs it more often. I have a tendancy to let things go until it's "time" to sweep the floor. "Oh, Genesis spilt dry oatmeal all over the floor. It'll be there in a few hours when I get ready to sweep." Is it any wonder my house doesn't look all that great except at the end of the day, after it's "time" to clean everything? I need to be more on top of messes and take care of them right away, and I think that will help things a lot. Even if that does mean I'm sweeping floor more than once a day!

1 comment:

Natural Mama said...

Girl, I so hear ya! If I see something on the floor (which is all.the.time), instead of picking it up when I see it, I will say, "I'll pick it up when I sweep" or "When I get to this room, I'll just pick up all the toys". And it's usually sitting there when we go to bed at night. I'm awful about this, but am trying to do better.

Hang in there!