Monday, September 10, 2007

Beds and Moving

I'm so excited! I got great deals today on new beds for me and the kids. Well, new to use. Right now I have a King size mattress that sits on the floor and it is completely falling apart. You can literally get INSIDE the mattress, I know b/c my boys have done it. And Canaan is sleeping on a crib mattress that we slid under Asher's bed every morning and pull out every night. We don't have another bed, or the room for another bed. So lately I've been cruising local Craig's lists and today I came across a King size mattress in good condition for $50. I offered $35 and he countered with $40, so I took it. I also found wooden bunk beds with mattresses for $100 and I offered $75. I sent both offers at the same time, really not expecting to get either of them, and definatly not expecting both, but the lady with the bunk beds called me and said they'd take $75. So we all have "new" beds now. I'm have a bit of a panic attack now about spending the money, but DH says absolutly do not worry about it and to get the beds. They are desperatly needed and money is actually goign to be even tighter later on. So now is probably best. I think since we're moving in less than 3 wks we'll just put the bunk beds in storage, it seems kind of pointless to set them up just to take them down again. Plus it will add something else new and exciting to the move. Put I think I'll probably take my mattress now, thank you very much, lol.

Also, a little update on the moving. My mom's boyfriend decided a moving company was going to cost too much, but I'm hoping he'll pay for the u-haul. And now I'm hoping even more so since I just spent $115 of our moving money. Sigh. And we need somebody to drive the u-haul, or even just drive the kids while I drive the u-hual but I would really rather now drive a 24' truck. I'd probably run over somebody. But I'm sure we'll get it all worked out and we'll be there soon enough.

I've been getting some good packing done. Actually packed 4 boxes today. woohoo! It may not seem like a lot, but really, I've been packing for months, so there's only odds and ends and stuff we use left to pack basically. Is it weird that I'm actually glad we won't have a moving company? It actually was seeming to me like it would be more of a hassle. I was goign to have to pack all the clothes (instead of just moving the dressers while full), find out how to fit everything we'd need for a week or more in a car of unknown size to get us by until they deliverd the truck, I was worried about how to pack bigger stuff that doesn't really fit in boxes, but that I didn't think a moving company would want just floating around (I have no problem just throwing in the back of the truck, lol), what I was goign to do with the kids while they loaded up the truck, ok, so I still have that problem, lol. But really, I'm relieved that we're just renting a u-haul.

Now I'm just biding my time and trying to get the last few details ironed out (like how to pay for the truck and who's going to drive it! Nothing big! lol)

No comments: