Saturday, September 15, 2007

My new bed

Funny thing happened once I got my new bed here (I mentioned it a few days ago). I realized that what we had thought was a king size mattress turned out to be a California King! DH had always said he wanted a Cali king b/c they're bigger, but I learned a couple weeks ago that though they are 2 inches longer in length, they are 4 inches shorter in width. I decided then and there that the extra length was not worth the reduced width so we would stick with a regular king. So imagine my surprise when I put the new mattress on top of the old (I don't have a box spring or frame and right now no way to get rid of the old mattress) and discovered that the new mattress is 2 inches shorter on length but 4 inches wider! And now we know why none of our king size sheets ever seemed to fit right.

No comments: