Thursday, February 7, 2008

Moving

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike moving? I really really do not like to move. I don't like packing, I don't like unpacking, I don't like coming up with a new schedule and routine that fits our new house. And yet we seem to move an average of once a year. sigh. So guess what? We're moving! Again. The place we're in now is owned by a guy who was in jail. But now he's out and wants his house back. We knew this was coming, but we were hoping we would have more time. The good news is that we already have a new place :) It'll be ready in a few weeks, giving us time to come up with a deposit and get things packed. I am looking forward to living in town again. Right now we live in the middle of nowhere and without a car, well, it gets difficult. So once we get into town we'll be able to walk to the little general store when I need milk, go for walks around town, the boys can ride their bikes, we can walk to MIL's, SIL's and DH's grandma's, and I may even find some people I enjoy spending time with, though I won't hold my breath on that. The one big downside is that it's a smaller place. It's really quite ironic, as our family gets bigger, our houses get smaller. 2.5 years ago we lived in a 2000sf, 4bedroom, two story house. Then we moved into a 16x80 ft, 4 bedroom trailer. Now we live in a 14x70, 3 bedroom trailer. And the place we're moving into is a 12.5x70, 2 bedroom. Fun fun. I think we're goign to have to get a storage unit, there's just no way we're going to fit all our stuff in there. Hopefully we won't be there too long (can you imagine trying to fit a family of 6 in a place that small?), but of course that means another move. sigh. Oh well, at least it will force us to get rid of more stuff. I always planned on getting rid of more eventually, I just figured it be'd to make room for more kids, not fit us into continually smaller houses!

No comments: