Thursday, February 28, 2008

Moving, Moving, Moving

Well, it's official. We are moving completely by next weekend. Just over a week away. And how much do we have packed you ask? Little to nothing. Why you ask? Well, that's a good question! For one, we weren't for sure we were moving until last weekend. For two, DH and I are both procrastinators. And for three, and most importantly, we really don't have a lot to pack. Pretty much the only things that got unpacked were things we actually use, and I hate packing up things I actually use! So this weekend we're going to go through stuff to decide what will find a new home in our new (to us) place, and what will find it's way to storage, either to wait until we move again, or to yard sale. Somethings to go through include: books, stuff in the extra bedroom, and most importantly, toys!! We're getting rid of a lot of toys, regardless of what anyone says to stop me! And I made a deal with DH. If we don't go through things before we move, then I have free reign to go through everything by myself and get rid of anything I want. So that's what we're doing this weekend, and then at the very beginning of next weekend I'm going to go through and pack up the whole house. That may seem like a huge undertaking, but really it's not. Like I said, we don't have a lot out really, and then I don't have to sort through everything to decide what we need for the next week and what we don't, it all goes in together, with necessities in a few separate boxes. So there ya go. That's the big moving plan. Of course after we move I'll be busy for a few days unpacking boxes and finding everything's new home, but I'll be sure to let you know how things are going :)

No comments: