Monday, February 18, 2008

Oops

It's been a few weeks again since I posted. Oops. In my defense, Genesis has been teething something awful, so every night when I get the comp she's usually in my lap nursing, and I just prefer not to type up a big ol' blog one-handed. But today was much better, so she's already asleep, probably doomed to wake up just as I head to bed ;) She's a weird teether. She'll be cranky for a good week or two, with no sign of any teeth, then she'll be her normal self for a few days, and THEN you can find the little white bumps under her gums, and she doesn't complain any more after that. I guess they just hurt until they get closer to the surface. I think it's odd anyways.

In other news, I sewed a skirt last week! My message board is doing another sew-along and this time they were doing skirts. A lot of the ladies were making layered/peasant skirts, but I already have a few of those and they're not my favorites. Then somebody posted a link for a wrap skirt. Now I've had wrap skirts before and donated them b/c they would gap open whenever I bent over and were just too hard to stay modest in. But after a few women made theirs they assured me that there was enough overlap it just wasn't a problem. So I found this nice kahki colored material at Walmart in the $1 bin and bought it. I LOVE my new skirt. It really doesnt' gap at all and looks very nice. DH was skeptical as well, but now he's telling me I need to make a bunch more in different colors. And the boys say I look like a princess in it :) Asher actually requested that I wear it tomorrow, so I think I will.

1 comment:

Natural Mama said...

CONGRATS!! I would love to sew me something! I'm trying to get a sewing room organized, b/c until then, I'm doomed. I would love to see pictures!!! Are you up for it?? ;) I love reading your blogs, keep it up!