Wednesday, March 5, 2008

And now the fun starts :)

Genesis has learned how to climb onto the kitchen chairs, and thus, unto the kitchen table. At present she is standing on it playing with light switches (it's pushed against the wall). Now nothing is safe. She already knows how to push the chairs around, so she's been playing with stuff on the counter and the table all day. They were the only two safe places left!! And now I have to keep a doubly close eye on her. I do try and keep her from playing with stuff on the counter, but I won't keep her off the table as long as she's being good. After all, the boys are allowed to sit and play on the table (safely).

And the fun is also starting with moving. We've hit the time where we are just going from room to room packing things in boxes. Surprise surprise, DH didn't go through anything with me, which means I have free reign to go through things on my own and get rid of what I don't think we have space/a need for. Yay for me!! Let the decluttering begin!! We actually started on Sunday. DH went to the key from the landlord, while I piled up boxes into the living room for him to load up when he got back. After we got that loaded up and he left with it, I finished packing up the extra bedroom, getting scared half to death when a mouse jumped out of a box right at me. And the cycle continued. We actually got everything out of the boys' room except their mattresses which are on the floor, everything but the furniture out of the extra bedroom, and everything except the couches pretty much from the living room. The friend who is helping DH is off of work tomorrow, so they're planning on getting everything from our room except the mattress. I got it all packed up tonight. We hope to everything moved out by Saturday night so we clean, both houses! and then start unpacking no Sunday. I'm not sure we'll be spending the night at the new house Sat like we planned, though. We had a little snafu with the water company and may not be able to get it turned on until Monday. And I am NOT living there for a day and half without water! Oh well, the phone won't be switched until Monday anyways.

Speaking of the phone, I called the other day to switch the phone over to the new residence and got great news. Right now we pay for local telephone, caller id and accelerated dial-up. I found out that for just $4 more a month, we can have high speed, with a wireless router, unlimited long distance, and all the services like call waiting, caller id, 3-way, etc. Can you believe that?!? I said "heck yeah!" and signed us up. It just about makes up for the water issues I think. Hopefully after we get it all set up and get settled in I can get some new pics of the kiddos uploaded. Woot!

1 comment:

Natural Mama said...

Uh, Oh for Genesis! Yay for the moving and Yikes for the mouse!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your kids!!!!! I must upload some new ones myself soon! :)