Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Another productive day

I finally went through toys with the kids today. They were so excited. Last night when we were doing our nightly pick-up I had them put away the toys they already had extra neatly, so the shelves would be ready for more toys this morning. So here's the tally, out of 8 boxes of toys, 3 are repacked and ready for the yard sale, one is packed up to get traded out later when they're bored of their toys, and I guess that leaves 4 boxes that are now on the shelves. I'm thinking of packing up one more box for rotation, just b/c the 4 shelves they have for toys are a little crowded. I've got a new plan to hopefully help keep down the mess. 2 of the toy shelves are in a cabinet, all the toys with lots of pieces and mess potential are on those shelves. It has been declared that they are not allowed to get those toys out without asking. So if the living room is already stewn with toys they'll have to pick up before getting the desired toy. All the baby toys and single toys or toys with only a few pieces are on the other 2 shelves on the bookshelf. We'll see how this goes.

Other things I got done today:

  1. Scrubbed down counters, underneath everything
  2. Scrubbed down dish rack
  3. Cleaned one shelf in the fridge
  4. Cleaned microwave
  5. Cleaned off the boys' craft table
  6. Mopped kitchen floor
  7. Helped DH's grandma take all the globes off her ceiling lights, wash them, put the back on

For lunch today we had what I refer to as "Taco lentils" I got the recipe from hillbillyhousewife.com and my family loves it. Recipes on that site are hit and miss, but we've gotten several family favorites, so I"m willing to take the chance. We have this once a week, and everytime I say we're having it my whole family cheers. It's that good. We use it as a taco filling with homemade refried beans. It's also really cheap, which is always a good thing and why I made it a once a week meal. We could live off of this if we had too I think.

1 comment:

Natural Mama said...

I'm going to check out the recipe. I have heard of hillbilly housewife and wanted to go check it out but have never had time. If it's that good, you know I have to try it!!! ;o)

WTG on the productive week!! I love those. This has been my Spring Break so I'm having a blast being at home with the kiddos!

BTW, I turned in my resignation. No more working for me. SAHM all the way, baby. I'm so happy about it. God is good.

ARen't you in KY? My dh went to a Prohesy Conference in KY back in FEb. in Louisville. Are you far from there? We might come with him next yr. Would LOVE to meet you!