Saturday, December 20, 2008

Midwife home visit

Yesterday was our home visit with the midwife. We went through what she'll do if something is wrong with the baby, the tools she has, etc. Everything is looking good. My hemoglobin is down still, but I'm clotting fine, and she says if she has to choose between one or the other, she'll take good clotting. So while it's something we wish were different, it's not really something to worry about. I'm supposed to continue taking my probiotic iron supplement, but if it doens't work, that's okay. She wasn't concerned about my bh contractions. She said that as I have more children I'll probably find that they get stronger. Fun for me! Every visit with her just confirms in my mind that she is the right midwife for us. She's just perfect.

And one of the best parts is that the house was all nice and clean for her visit, and by the time she left it was time to get kids in bed, so we have no chores this morning while DH is at work. We were done with school by 10am, so we've got all day to just take it easy. I'll probably make that lasagna I've been wanting to make. I always double the recipe, so we'll have one in the freezer for after baby. And of course we'll have to do a toy pick-up before Daddy gets home.

1 comment:

Natural Mama said...

Sounds like you're really ready!!!! I can't WAIT to hear your birth story. Makes me really get serious about a homebirth with my next one. Really serious. Now you will have to give me some hints about how you got Dh on board! :o)