Thursday, December 4, 2008

Still feeling "girl"

For most of this pregnancy, DH and I have felt we're having another girl. Every body we see says we're having a girl. The biggest thing for us is the names. Near the beginning of each pregnancy we've had a girl's and boy's name picked out. By the end of the pregnancy, one of those names just doesnt' feel right and the other feels perfect. Since the end of the 1st trimester we've both been unsure about our boy name, but love the girl name we have picked out. I was starting to think maybe we should be looking for a different boy's name, just in case. But now I'm pretty sure we're just having a girl. We got baby clothes from storage today, a tub of girl clothes and a tub of boy clothes. I have almost no desire to go through the boy clothes. The girl clothes are calling to me. The only other time the girl clothes called like that was with Genesis. When I was pg with Canaan, we were only 75% sure we were having a boy, from what I thought I saw during the u/s (we had asked not to find out). I had no girl clothes (though my sister was coming to visit near the due date and could have brought girl clothes with her if need be), but I never found it necassary to buy girl clothes. When I was pg with Genesis and only had instinct to go on, I had a whole box of newborn girl clothes, but I still went out and bought girl clothes. Not a lot, but a few things here and there. It's the only time I've been drawn to girl clothes. Until now. I want to wash all the girl clothes and put them in the drawers, which is silly. This baby could easily be a boy. So I'll still pull out a few boy clothes, and I won't go crazy with the girl clothes, but I can gurantee I'll have more girl clothes washed and ready then boy clothes. And just to confirm things, I've had symptoms I only had with Genesis; insomnia and constant stuffy nose are the main ones.

So what do you think? A little sister for Genesis? Or another boy?

No comments: