Wednesday, July 11, 2007

All right kids...

I made a new schedule a few weeks ago based on the kids waking time of 6am. At the time, I was lucky if they slept until 6, many times I made them either go back to bed or sit quietly on the couch until I finished "my time." So here it is, 7am, and for the manyith day in a row, the kids are still sleeping. Not the baby, but she doesn't really count :) I can only go so far in my day while they're sleeping, so I'm kinda stuck. I've got all my chores for the day done, it's a light day b/c we go to story time on Wed, and story time is the same time as my chore time. I would like to take a shower, but I can't until my 4yo wakes up b/c he "watches" the baby (I put her in the crib with some toys, if she starts fussing it's his job to make her happy and if he can't, he's supposed to come tell me so I don't dawdle in the shower. If I just leave her in the crib alone then she's likely to scream the whole time). So, can't shower and get dressed, can't get the kids dressed :) Can't do the kids' chores, can't do ds's school and I've already done my chores for the day. I suppose I could use this time wisely and do something extra but come on, I'm not THAT motivated. So I'm wasting away time on the comp, wondering if I need to change my schedule my around to accommodate a later kid sleeping time, but we all know as soon as I do that they'll start getting up early again :)

1 comment:

Lily said...

LOL This is just so like life with kids, isn't it?

As to doing extra chores and getting ahead... yeah, I'm never that movivated, either.

But have fun today at Story Time!