Friday, July 13, 2007

The Lake

The kids and I had a really great, relaxing morning. We have access to a private "beach" at a nearby lake. It's actually my sister's in-law's place, they don't live there, but have a trailer (which I do not have a key to), a nice big pavalion with a kitchen attached (which I do have access to) and most importantly, it's lake front, with a nice 20 foot wide sandy beach. On either side of the beach are lots of trees and bushes that go into the water, but that's fine, b/c it limits the area the kids can go and I can more easily watch them by myself. My 4yo has been begging to go since like March or April but it's a little bit of a drive and I haven't had the gas money to feel comfortable going. THen DH also requested that I have at least one other adult with me "just in case." So my brother and SIL were goign to go with us, but they had a change of plans earlier this week, so DH gave his blessing for me to take the kids by myself. I just love it up there. The trailer/pavalion/beach are set in a large clearing in what feels like the middle a huge forest. Really I think there's lots of other clearings around, but they're all separeted by enough woods that you can't really see the next clearing over. It's just so peaceful there. The only sounds were the birds chirping and hte kids playing. The boys actually only spent about half an hour in the water, then they played in the sand for the next hour and a half, we had lunch, they ran around for another hour and then we headed home. I'm thinking next time I'll plan to be there longer, and pack accordingly. I only planned on being htere for a few hours, so I only had snacks and diapers for that long. What I would really like to do is get a tent and stay there for night or two, but I think with just me it would actually be a little exhausting. The trailer and pavalion are quite a ways away from the water, but I would still have to be on watch ALL THE TIME, while there, yk? I hope someday we can have a place like that all our own.

1 comment:

Natural Mama said...

Ahh, sounds wonderful, Megan! Yes, plan to stay longer next time. You deserve it!