Friday, July 13, 2007

Tattoos

So, continueing on with last night's theme, today I will be discussing tattoos. Right now, I don't have any. Not b/c I think there's anything wrong them perse, more of b/c I'm a big wuss, I hate needles and I was always afraid anythign I picked I would regret later. DH has several tattoos (including I new one I have yet to see that covers a large portion of his upper back). I think most tattoos can easily look trashy though, so whenever DH told me about other tats he wanted I would always say no way. Now I realize how sinful that was, and even how it was just wrong to try and change who he was. He does value my opinion though and when I told him think tats on the neck are really not at all attractive he said he definatly wouldn't get one there then. Several months ago he mentioned wanting us to get matching tattoos. Now first, I had to celebrate b/c you don't get a matching tattoo with somebody you don't want to be with, yk? Then he said he wanted it to be two scorpions, since we're both Scorpios. He had seen one in a movie that he liked, but then I found one that he liked even better. It's two scorpions, side by side, their tales make the top of a heart, with their claws making the bottom of the heart. He really likes that one, so maybe someday we'll get matching tattoos. I told him I defiantly a commitment from him BEFORE I get a tattoo for him. We'll both be getting them on our backs, though his will be larger than mine. I'm thinking, at most, the size of 2 playing cards, but even that's a bit big for my tastes. I haven't decided where on my back I would get it. At first I was thinking the small of my back, but now I think a little higher might be nice, like a few inches below my shoulder blades (and I think that might be where DH was wanting his). He also wants me to get a cross on the top of my thigh and a couple others, though he hasn't decided where or what yet.

I figure it like this, I have no moral objection to tattoos. So it's like any other adornment that doesn't violate my morals, I should try and please him. If he likes a certain style shirt on me (that's not immodest), I should try and make him happy and wear that style. If he likes it when I wear earrings, then I should wear earrings. If he wants me to have a few tats, then I should get a few tats. Now of course, I'm not going to go out and get some tattoo that I hate just to please him, I'm not stupid. But if we can agree on style and placement (which I'm very picky about) then I don't see anything wrong with it. I've actually always kinda wanted a tat but have always been too much of a chicken, so maybe this is just the push I need to actually be more of myself.

2 comments:

Natural Mama said...

This is a controversial topic, isn't it? We do think the Bible teaches against tatoos and body piercings, but then again, sometimes these things boil down to what your husband wants you to do, I think.
We use a scripture from the OT, but I'll have to find it sometimes. I'm not judgemental about what people do concerning this. I have enough 'working out my own salvation'. LOL Hugs, Monica

Pint-Size Princess said...

I know the scriptures, I don't think they say what most people think they say ;)