Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fun at the Fair

The county fair is this week and we had free passes for tonight, so off we went, even though Austin was working. We went with some neighbors so I had some help for a while, and overall the kids did great. The problem was Canaan. He's always been a bit more nervous and new people and situations than the other two. I can recall when he was 9 months and a stranger helped me get his stroller onto the city bus and Canaan just screamed and screamed b/c the guy touched his stroller! So Asher went on a few rides while Canaan assessed the situation and eventually decided he would like to go in the funhouse. All was well until the end. He was nervous about going through the spinning wheel in order to get out so the nice lady who works the end went in to help him. She made the mistake of grabbing his hand and he just hit total meltdown. By the time I handed Genesis to our neighbor and got up the stairs the lady and just picked him up and carried him out. It took several minutes for him to calm down. Next he rode the flying cars and the carosal just fine, thankfully. Then we get to big slide. He watched Asher go down it several times and decided it looked like fun. So I decided to go on up and take Genesis down, too. We walked up all those stairs and then Canaan refused to slide down. I offered for him to ride with me and Genesis, for him to ride with just me and I would send Genesis down with Asher, for him to ride with Asher. Nope. He would not go down. Back down the stairs we go. So we do the cars and carosal another time or two then head back for the Dragon Wagon (kiddy roller coaster). Asher had ridden it when we first got there and had fun, so Canaan decided this time he was goign to ride, too. On he goes. By the time the dragon made it around the second time he was crying so hard, they stopped the ride so I could get him off and then started it back up so the other kids could finish. After that Canaan stuck with the cars and carosal. Which I have no problem with! On one hand, I want to give him props for trying new things, even if he did end up scared. On the other, good grief child, I can only stand so much. Does anybody else get this kind of fun?

Oh, and before you asked, I had every intention of taking lots of pics and then forgot the camara. But we'll probably go back on Thurs or Friday when Austin is off from work and I will do my darndest to remember the camara and take lots of pics!! Genesis looked so grown up on the flying cars. I was nervous about letting her ride, but she loved it!

No comments: