Monday, August 18, 2008

Midwife appt

We had another appt with the midwife last week. It went great of course :) I'm measuring about a week and a half ahead, but given that this is my 4th and I tend to go a week or two early, that's okay :) She rarely uses the doppler to hear the u/s, prefering the fetoscope (is that the right word?), but she couldn't pick up the heartbeat with it this time. She said "I love it. I keep getting kicked, but can't get a heartbeat!" So that baby is doing good, was just too far back for her to pick it up. But as she said, you can feel the kicks! I love to sit and just feel the baby move. Definately one of my favorite parts of pregnancy. We signed the contract and paid our deposit, so she's officially our midwife. Of course we still have quite a bit more money to pay her, but it's so worth it. She gave us some great ideas for getting more veggies in me. I've never been a big veggie eater, so this it's really hard to me to get them in. Especially since I'm supposed to be eating all those wonderful leafy greens for good blood health, but I don't like them! So she gave us good ideas. And I"m so proud of myself. Today with lunch (our main meal), I served a side salad, and I actually put cucumber and tomatoes on mine (from our garden). I do not like either of those, but I used my food chopper to cut them up real small, and I used a generous amount of cheese to mask some of hte flavor, but it was actually good and I made myself a second salad. Yay for healthier eating and getting more veggies in.

1 comment:

Natural Mama said...

Girl, you have been posting away! First of all, you will love hanging out clothes so much that you may not want to fix your dryer! Ours has been handicapped for over a yr now--to where I have to tape the door shut..lol. We ordered the part but the man couldn't catch us home to fix it, but I'm not worried, I only use it for my towels and washcloths. My Dh asked me the other day what did our electricity bill run and I said, $120-$160. He was like, "Really? That's all?" I know it's because I use the clothesline instead of the dryer. Anyway, good luck in getting it fixed.
I wonder what msg board ur talking about, lol. j/k I haven't even visited in almost a yr.--nice ladies but waaay conflicts of interests. I know what u mean tho.
We have yet to visit the fair and I know my middle child would be the same way as ur Cannaan!
This has been the yr of teeth work for us as well! The kids still havent been tho.
Your midwife sounds like a dream! Is she coming to ur house? Will you try and birth at home? I don't remember u saying.
Well I think I'm caught up now! :)