Saturday, September 20, 2008

Midwife appt

We had another midwife appt on Thurs. This is one we've been trying to get in forever, but it kept getting cancelled for one reason or another. We finally made it though! Everything looks wonderful. The MW already is putting a plan into place to make sure we get my body back up to par after the antibiotics and ready for this baby. My "homework" is to self-educate myself on that as much as possible and to find where the closest helipad is. She said she doesn't care about the closest hospital, since they're all likely to be dinky, b/c if we need to transfer to a hospital it's goign to need to be a big one. Almost anything the little hospitals can do, she can do at home. So I actually find that comforting. I know if she says "we need to get you to a hospital" then we need to go. If an ob/gyn were to say "you need to have a c/s" I probably wouldn't trust them!

Our MW has an apprentice who did all the baby checking. It was so funny though b/c she's been mainly working with larger inutero babies up to know, so she was almost giddy with how small the baby was. She kept saying "It's so cute and tiny!!" It just made my day. It's so nice to see someone else as excited about your 4th baby as you are.

1 comment:

Natural Mama said...

Sounds like a dream! You are so blessed to have a midwife and possibly a home birth. I would be sooooo psyched!!!!!!!!!

Just maybe, maybe it can happen next time!!!

I kwym about someone else being excited about the 4th pregnancy. Isn't it rediculous how people are so nosy and critical about the # of children one wants??? I know it must grieve God so much!