Sunday, September 21, 2008

Spoke too soon

So much for Genesis being the one to give me grays (see post below). I'm surprised I didn't turn all gray this afternoon. The boys were playing outside, as usual, Austin came home, gave them hugs, came inside, we talked a bit and then a few minutes later I looked out the window and couldn't see the boys. "Hey honey, did you tell the boys they could play next door?" "No, why?" "I don't see them. I'll go out and call" A minute later "Honey!! They're NOT out there!!" So we both go into search mode. Something told me they walked down to DH's mom's house (where his sister, BIL and their 3 kids live also), so I told DH to go down there, but first he went around the block a few times, asked neighbors if they saw them, came back, walked around a bit, had me call 911 (I had already called down to MIL's but noone answered the phone), then he drove down to MIL's. They were stepping on the front porch as he pulled up (she lives maybe 1/3 of a mile down the road). So he disciplined them good, called me, I called 911 back, but right after I got off the phone the cops and fire dept showed up. I assured them we found the boys at their Grannie's house and DH was headed back home with them.

So my boys are in very big trouble. DH grounded them everything for 2 wks. No outside (obviously), no TV, no computer, and no toys. They'll probably drive me crazy, but DH wants me to work them anyways. I think we'll get some fall cleaning in the next two weeks. And of course it'll probably be next year before they're allowed outside without a grown up.

1 comment:

Natural Mama said...

Oh my word, I know you were about to have a heart attack!! Maybe you'll get that fall cleaning done! LOL