Friday, September 19, 2008

Rediculous Dr's office policy

After putting it off for many reasons, I finally called to schedule my children for well-child check-ups. None of them have had any in about 18 months. Not so bad for the boys, but that's when Genesis was 6 months old, lol, so she especially is a bit overdue. Plus I need to meet with the dr anyways before the baby is born to get acquainted and ask some questions, etc. So today I called. Turns out, they won't see all 3 at the same time, or even on the same day! The lady I talked to claimed it took too much of the Dr's time for new patients to see that many. Ok, so schedule extra time for it. I asked if we could stagger the times, etc and all I could get was "no." How frustrating is that? The dr's office is not near by so it takes a good bit of time and gas to have these appts (which is part of the reason I've delayed this long) but she was not willing to work with me at all. I went ahead and scheduled Genesis an appt, since I figured she needed it most, but I have every intention of mentioning the absurdity of it to the dr when we get there. I mean seriously, what if in a few days another new patient wants to schedule an appt for that day. Are they going to say "I'm sorry, we already have one new patient scheduled for that day..." It wasn't just like there wasn't room that day for 3 new patients, she was very specific in saying htat I could not schedule all 3 children for the same day, regardless of day, it was simply too much. Whatever.

1 comment:

Natural Mama said...

That would be super aggravating!! Every time I go to the dr, I get more disgusted. My kids haven't been in forever! Evan has never been (not even to his 2 wk checkup) and Erin hasn't been since she was 6 or 9 mths and she is 3!! :o) Well baby checkup, that is. We just go to a local family dr for the sickies now. I hate the 'red tape' at the pediatricians (no vax, etc)