Sunday, September 21, 2008

She'll give me grays for sure

I think Genesis is going to give me more gray hairs then the boys combined! For one thing, she is into everything. The boys were nothing like this. I had always heard the "I can't even take a shower b/c of my toddler" lines and I always thought they were slight exagerations. Now I know better. Literally, if I have her out of my sight for 2 minutes, she's into something. Whether it be washing her hands, getting some water out of hte sink to drink (or spill), finding the boys' scissors and glue, emptying a drawer, etc etc, she's doing somethign that is going to require cleaning up. But that's not the worst.

Here's the worst. A few weeks ago (I don't think I blogged about this, but maybe I did?) she came up to me, handed me a washcloth and said "Owie Mommy," and then held up her hand that was covered in blood!! She had cut herself on the tip of her finger, calmly got a washcloth and then let me know about it. She had dripped blood all through the house! I freaked out for about half a second, but then I saw her face mirror my horror, so I quickly regained composure and took care of her.

Then last night, DH and I were watching a movie when she comes in and says "Mommy, look" and her face is covered in blood! She had somehow gotten a bloody nose (which was still bleeding) and had smeared the blood all over her face. Talk about freaking out Mommy and Daddy! The best we can figure is that during the small tantrum she had been throwing a few minutes before she had hit her nose. She has a tendancy to roll and throw herself around during fits. It only took a few minutes to clean her up and get her nose to stop bleeding, but it still made our hearts stop when we first saw her. Though I'm glad DH got to experience the freak out with me, so he can see what I'm talking about when I say she's turning me gray!

No comments: