Friday, September 12, 2008

Oh gross

When we moved into this house back in March (April?) there was evidence of cockroaches. The landlord claimed he bombed the house and the problem was taken care of. It was soon evident that the problem was NOT taken of. So after months of fighting the cockroaches the best we could, we finally hired an exterminator. The landlord says he won't pay for it, but I checked and he has to by law. Which is good, b/c we can't afford it anyways. Unfortunately, we only have a month to month lease, so he'll probably just give us our 30 days notice when we give him the receipt with the rest of our rent. We dont' have much choice though, they were getting BAD, and like I siad, we can't afford an exterminator out of our pockets, and shouldn't have to anyways. We're hoping he just takes the reciept and doens't do anything, but if he does, whatever. We'll find someplace else to live. This isn't exactly the nicest house anyways. And we've got lots of feelers out, lots of people around this little town know we're looking. Either way, God will take care of it, so I'm not worried.

Just having cockroaches isn't what's so gross though. The exterminator came yesterday and when we came back home, there were so many dead cockroaches all over the house. It was nasty. And the exterminator said to expect them to come out for the next 2wks or so. We spent like 2-3 hours yesterday cleaning up after the exterminator (we also had to put stuff back in cabinets, wipe counters down, etc), and of course, this morning I wake up to lots of cockroaches all over my floors again. Fun for me. I'm just thankful we don't have a crawler who puts everything in their mouth! I can trust my kids to not eat the dead cockroaches and leave them alone until I'm able to get them cleaned up. And even more fun, I get to do this every month or more! until the problem is taken care of. We're goign to spend some time goign through all our stuff and shaking the cockroaches out, live and dead so that every spray will be more effective. And hopefully this way, if we do have to move, we won't take them with us!

OH, and while I"m blogging, a quick update on my ear since I saw the ENT yesterday. Things are looking much better. My more severe symptoms (like daily headaches and stiff neck) are abaiting and my eardrum doesn't nasty. So good news. He gave me another 3wk rx for antibiotics, making a total of 5 wks, and when it's almost done I'll go back in for another check and see how things are. Hopefully at that point we can decide things are all better and discontinue the antibiotics. Oh, he also said we may at some point try again to put a tube in my ear (I'm assuming if things don't look all cleared up at my next appt), but he wouldn't do it now b/c of the horror of last time. He wants to make sure all the swelling is down first.

No comments: