Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Probably need IV antibiotics, and prayers!

A few months ago I had an ear infection that came and went for about two weeks before it "cleared up" but it left behind some lingering symptoms. They've gotten worse over the last two weeks so I finally googled them and it looks very much like I have mastoiditis, which requires IV antibiotics. We're heading the ER in a few hours. Please pray that this clears up quickly with the antibiotics and that nothing harms the baby.

Does anybody know what IV antibiotics entails? Will they have to admit me? The hospital is 30 miles away and we don't have the gas to go back and forth if I need a treatment every few hours. I'm kind of freaking out a little b/c everything I've read said it can be hard to treat and if the antibiotics don't work they do surgery to remove part of the bone behind the ear. That's scary! So prayers for peace would be nice to.

OH, there's also a very slight possibility it's meningitis instead/also, which is very scary to me. Will update when I can.

1 comment:

Natural Mama said...

Girl, please do update. I will be going to prayer in a few minutes and will mention your name. Please have someone let me know how you are doing.

Hugs,
Monica